In the Classroom and Beyond
Every year, the AT Lab conducts a number of one-time classroom lectures for graduate and upper-level undergraduate students. In addition to lectures, Teaching and Outreach has worked with a variety of outreach programs that demonstrate AT for people with disabilities in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Through Networked Learning Initiatives, we also offer professional development for faculty, staff and graduate students on accessibility in the classroom. Participants will gain knowledge of tools and techniques for creating accessible instructional materials/activities, as well as the practical experience necessary to design and create accessible and inclusive learning environments. For details about specific times for upcoming professional development opportunities, view our workshop schedule. The following are workshops we are offering during spring semester, 2018:
- Universal Design and the Inclusive Classroom (Faculty Inquiry Group)
- Technology for Student Success
- The Missing Puzzle Piece! Leveraging Read & Write to Engage Diverse Learners
Web Accessibility Series
- ACCESS 101: An Introduction to Web Accessibility
- ACCESS 201: Using Tools to Assess Web Accessibility
- ACCESS 401: How to Perform an Accessibility Audit of Your Website
If you would like us to speak to your classroom or organization, please contact us.