Assistive Technologies at Virginia Tech provides several tools to ensure that university computers support a variety of disability accommodations. These tools can be installed on any university owned machine upon request by any student, faculty, or staff.
Network software includes:
• ZoomText computer screen magnification, color filtering, many other features
• Kurzweil 3000 text-to-speech based technology tools support reading, research, writing, and many other disciplines.
• JAWS screen reading
• WYNN text-to-speech literacy software
• OpenBook text-to-speech and literacy software
Non-Networked software includes:
• Read & Write OCR and text-to-speech software
• Dragon Dictate/NaturallySpeaking
• Built-in operating system accessibility