We are committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us at email@example.com. We are constantly striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
- All pages on this site follow U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on this site follow W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2).
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. For instance, landmark regions are used for the major content areas of the page and the
H1tag is used for main page titles.
Although we want every visitor to have the best possible experience on assist.vt.edu, understand it is impossible to provide webpages that work identically, efficiently, and effectively with all browsers across all operating systems.
We pride ourselves on delivering a modern web browsing experience. We fully support the latest major releases of Safari, FireFox, Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer 9.
Web pages on assist.vt.edu include several different areas:
- A page header,
- A main navigation region,
- Additional navigation regions where appropriate,
- A main content area, and
- A footer with an additional navigation region.
- All images used on this web site have suitable
- Content should be usable/accessible with images “off” (disabled)
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- W3C accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- W3C accessibility checklist, a busy developer’s guide to accessibility.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.